After breakfast you will be transferred to the airport for your flight to Baltra (2 ½ hours flight). Upon arrival you will be welcomed & transferred by our naturalist guides and taken on a ten minute bus drive to the pier to board the M/V Galapagos Legend, for a three (3) night cruise.
Wet landing on a beach of black volcanic sand, visited by Darwin in 1835. The first section of the trail is comprised of volcanic ash (eroded tuff) and the other half of partially uneven terrain is comprised of volcanic basaltic rock lounging the shoreline.
Breakfast, lunch & dinner
Wet landing on the north side of Santa Cruz; behind the beach lie two small flamingo ponds with iguanas, coastal birds, Darwin finches, mockingbirds, and gulls, as well as interesting native and endemic vegetation, red and black mangroves, salt bushes, and much more. This beach is one of the main nesting sites of sea turtles in the Galapagos. A female can lay eggs 3 or 4 times with an average of 70 eggs each, but then spend 3 or 5 years without breeding.
This morning after breakfast you will check out of your hotel & at a time that will be advised to you well in advance, transfer by way of a private air-conditioned vehicle to the International airport so you may check in for your international flight.
This brings to a conclusion the services as provided by Sundance Spirit.
MV Galapagos Legends - Standard Interior Cabin
|PER PERSON PRICE||DBL BASIS||SGL BASIS|
|LOW & HIGH SEASON||USD 1.590||USD 2.440|
VALID 01 MARCH to 18 DECEMBER 2017
Does not include:
International or domestic airfares
National Park Entrance fee
Banking fees - USD 50, per booking
Departure dates for MV Legends cruise (2017):
2, 20, 23, 27 March / 3, 24 April/ 29 May /5, 22 Jun /3, 17, 27 July /
3, 10, 21, 28, 31 Aug/ 4,7,11,14,18,25 Sep / 2,5,9,16,26 Oct / 23,27,30 Nov/ 7, 11, 14 Dec
Flight Quito/Baltra/Quito - approx USD 530 per adult INCL taxes
National Park Entrance Fee USD100
Ingala Transit Card USD20
Terms & Conditions
Sundance Tours is officially licensed by the Argentine Government (Leg. 9361 – Disp.1409 – Exp70/96) doing business as Sundance Spirit & herewith called ‘The Company’. The Company accepts bookings subject to the following terms & conditions:
1. A booking is accepted only after the Company issues the client, their tour wholesaler, or their travel agent a formal invoice, receives the deposit payment & issues a written confirmation of services booked. The balance for land services must be paid in full no later than 30 working days before services commence; the Company cancellation policy applies as laid out in the section below titled Cancellation Fees & No Show policy.
2. Once a booking has been made & confirmed, the Company is your land service operator & as such, we are responsible for supplying your vacation land services arrangements. We buy vacation land services & arrangements from various suppliers, but principally, from those suppliers whose only responsibility is to supply us with the services required & requested by us for the purpose of client travel arrangements. Flights, coach journeys, cruises & other travel & hotel accommodation included in your vacation itinerary are not actually provided by the Company directly, but are supplied by reputable air-carriers, cruise operators, hoteliers, ground transport companies & sightseeing operators. You should note that your vacation is subject to the terms & conditions imposed by those airlines, coach operators, hoteliers, cruise operators, & other suppliers of services, some of which limit or exclude their liability & which are often the subject of International Conventions & Treaties between countries.
3. All possible care is taken to ensure that all of the Company’s suppliers maintain a high standard. However, we do not own or control the transfer supplier companies, sightseeing providers, cruise operators, air carriers or hoteliers & are not an air carrier, or cruise operator, transfer company, sightseeing provider or hotel owner. Accordingly, we cannot be responsible in any way for day to day challenges & logistical issues resulting from the booking of, or any loss, damage, delay, inconvenience or injury to persons or property, or any loss howsoever arising. We are unable to accept responsibility for any aspect of your vacation arrangements affected by matters over which we have no control including, without limitation: war or threat of war; riots & civil strife; terrorist activity; natural or nuclear disaster; disruptions due to inclement weather conditions; fire; flood; drought; industrial disputes or governmental action or reasonable apprehension of the foregoing; cancellation or curtailment & re-scheduling of flights; or for any failure on your part to obtain correct visas or travel documentation deemed necessary for travel.
4. While the Company will use its best endeavours to operate all services as described, reasonable changes in an itinerary may be made without notice where deemed necessary or advisable by the Company.
5. The Company undertakes to take all reasonable steps to ensure that date-related computer issues do not affect our clients’ travel arrangements. We do not accept responsibility for disruption, inconvenience, cancellation or alteration directly or indirectly caused by or aggravated by the failure of any computer data processing equipment or media microchip integrated circuit or similar equipment, software or processing, storage or retrieval system.
6. Prices quoted by the Company are stated in U.S. Dollars (USD) based on costs at the time of reservation.
The Company cannot be held responsible for any changes or increases that may occur & reserves the right to increase the price of any travel arrangements up to the date of full payment by the client. This includes adjustment for devaluation, fuel surcharges, airfare increases, land transport & hotel increases as well as international exchange rate changes.
Any air content included in our services is based on airfares & imposed official Government taxes applicable. As airline flight ticket costs are constantly changing, it be may be necessary to impose an air surcharge at any time until flight services have been fully paid for & air tickets are issued.
7. All monies received by the Company are deposited in its name with its bankers. It is a condition of the acceptance of your deposit in respect of our services that all monies paid to the Company whether by way of deposit or otherwise, in respect of travel arrangements may be disbursed by the Company to the Company suppliers as & when it sees fit.
8. Receipt of a deposit will be taken as an understanding by the Company that the participant has read & agrees to abide by these terms & conditions stated.
9. These booking conditions & the supply of services herein shall be governed by & interpreted according to the laws of Argentina, & both the client & the Company irrevocably submits themselves to the jurisdiction of Argentine courts in respect of any disputes or proceedings arising out of, or relating to these booking conditions or services provided hereunder, as stated. This premise is taken as an understanding by the Company, that the traveller / client / participant has read & agrees to abide by these Terms & Conditions stated.
IMPORTANT TRAVEL INFORMATION
BOOKING YOUR VACATION: As early as possible after commencing your itinerary reservations, an invoice will be sent stating the required deposit per person payment, required & the date it is to be paid by.
If you are working with a professional Travel Agent or Tour Wholesaler who is placing the request for travel services with Sundance Tours, they will then be sent a confirmation & advised of any mandatory deposit requirements which are to be passed to you. The final balance will be due 30 working days prior to services commencing, or immediately for bookings within that time. Ticketing & documentation will normally be issued with 14 to 10 days prior to the guest’s departure from point of origin.
AMENDMENTS: If you need to amend any arrangements after your original booking, please notify us in writing. One amendment can be made free of charge.
Due to extra administration costs involved any further changes to the original reservations will incur a fee of not less than USD$30.00 per amendment. An amendment constitutes a change to an existing booking & not a transfer to another itinerary, wherein cancellation fees may apply.
PAYMENT OF TRAVEL SERVICES: The most uncomplicated & simple method of payment for travel services is by electronic bank to bank transaction. The deposit invoice & final balance due invoice will include detailed banking instructions for each traveller / client / participant to pass on exactly as they appear, to make simple the electronic transfer process.
In relation to foreign credit cards, while VISA & MASTERCARD can be used for payment of land services, they are not always easy to process. Therefore the credit card holder is responsible for contacting their bank or financial institution that issued the credit card, advising that a charge which is directly related to both the deposit invoice & the final balance due invoice, to avoid the possibility of payment being rejected by the Credit Card Authorisation centre.
The Company does not offer CREDIT terms of payment for any booking, no matter the source of origin, whether the booking comes direct from the client, via a professional tour wholesaler or from a professional travel agency.
By Argentine law, the Company is unable to accept foreign checks drawn on foreign banks as payment for any travel services.
Deposits are required for ALL bookings & some suppliers – such as cruise companies & hotels & accommodation suppliers have their own conditions & regulations that are strictly enforced. Therefore failure to comply with the prior payment dates stipulated on the deposit invoice is likely to result in the component supplier cancelling the reservation without further notice.
All travel service bookings made with the Company must be paid in full, within the prescribed payment terms of the Company, by electronic transaction, or by VISA or MASTERCARD at least 30 days or more, in advance of the first services being provided.
BANK CHARGES: The Company applies to each reservation the bank fees we incur to receive a electronic payment to our bank account. This is reflected in the tax invoice for each booking.
CREDIT CARD CHARGES: VISA & MASTERCARD both have a schedule of fees that apply to any payment made by credit card that are the sole responsibility of the credit card holder to pay & comply with.
CANCELLATION & REFUNDS: If you or your travel agent or tour wholesaler decides to cancel reservations made & confirmed, it is a mandatory requirement the Company is notified in writing. Monies will be refunded less the applicable cancellation fee per person, per arrangement, as a percentage of costs:
Cancellation of services booked & confirmed greater than 90 days prior to services commencing, the deposit paid is fully refundable, however cancellation fees may apply to any airline seat allotment, or other stipulated component supplier service such as hotel room allotments where seasonal inventory demands are in effect.
Cancellation of services booked & confirmed from 89 days to 75 days prior to services commencing, the deposit paid 10% cancellation of the deposit applies, however cancellation fees may apply to any airline seat allotment, or other stipulated component supplier service such as hotel room allotments where seasonal inventory demands are in effect.
Cancellation of services booked & confirmed from 74 days to 60 days prior to services commencing, the deposit paid 25% cancellation of the deposit made applies, however cancellation fees may apply to any airline seat allotment, or other stipulated component supplier service such as hotel room allotments where seasonal inventory demands are in effect.
Cancellation of services booked & confirmed from 59 days to 45 days prior to services commencing, the deposit paid 35% cancellation of the deposit made applies, however cancellation fees may apply to any airline seat allotment, or other stipulated component supplier service such as hotel room allotments where seasonal inventory demands are in effect.
Cancellation of services booked & confirmed within 44 days to 31 days prior to arrival 50% cancellation fee of the total reservation applies, however cancellation fees may apply to any airline seat allotment, or other stipulated component supplier service such as hotel room allotments where seasonal inventory demands are in effect.
Cancellation of services booked & confirmed within 30 days prior to arrival 100% cancellation fee of the total reservation applies
The above cancellation policy is applicable for individual bookings & Groups unless other more stringent conditions for Groups have been pre-advised. Some accommodation suppliers have their own cancellation terms for deposits & final payments which are more stringent than those of the Company.
In the case of Groups where the Company is the contractor of group airline seat blocks & hotel room allotments, the client will be advised of deposit & final payment terms & cancellation penalties. If the invoice sent stated NON-REFUNDABLE – that is in line with the component supplier terms & conditions of carriage.
BOOKING FEES: For bookings of total gross value less than USD$500, a fee of USD$75 per person, per booking will be levied.
For last minute bookings, made within 7 days of departure, a fee of USD$125 per booking will be levied as this is to cover dispatch of documentation.
TRAVEL INSURANCE: Travel insurance is not included in the price of your vacation. We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance that includes adequate cover for the duration of your overall vacation & for cancellation, trip interruption or delay, loss of luggage / personal property, medical expenses, emergency evacuation & any accidental damage. By booking, you agree that The Company has no liability whatsoever under any circumstance for any such loss, medical situation or damage you may incur, & you accept that it is your sole responsibility to insure yourself fully. A professional Travel Agent should be able to advise you on applicable Insurance Policies available in your country of origin.
LAND ARRANGEMENTS: We endeavour to ensure that all your arrangements proceed smoothly. If you have a problem whilst on vacation, please contact the local Sundance representative office immediately to enable it to be rectified. In the unlikely event you are still dissatisfied, please contact Sundance headquarters in Buenos Aires immediately.
Any further correspondence must be sent within 28 days of the problem occurring. We regret we cannot accept liability in relation to any customer service issue or claim that is not notified in accordance with this clause.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES: If you decide to purchase any additional services whilst on vacation, any dealings must be direct with the local operator, & not with contracted guides/drivers. The Company cannot & will not accept responsibility for any additional services clients’ book with local operators or contracted staff after commencement of travel.
YOUR VACATION PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE: Visas, insurance, excess baggage, extra meals, laundry, any drinks, souvenirs, phone calls, fax or internet use, items of a personal nature including medication, international & domestic departure taxes, porter fees & tipping. In some South American countries, porter fees & tipping may be compulsory.
PRICING VALIDITY: Every effort has been made to compile the information accurately as at the time of quoting, but circumstances may necessitate changes in itineraries & costs, of which you will be informed as soon as possible. The Company shall not be liable for any resulting changes & reserves the right to increase the price of any travel arrangements up to the date of client’s full payment being received & lodged in the applicable bank account stated on the invoice. This includes adjustment for devaluation, fuel surcharges, airfare increases as well as international exchange rate fluctuations.
PASSPORT, VISAS, MEDICAL INOCULATIONS & DOCUMENTATION FOR TRAVELING WITH A CHILD / MINOR UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS:
A valid Passport is required for all clients to travel internationally & many countries require it to be valid for a period varying between 30 days & up to 6 months after your dates of travel.
It is each passengers sole responsibility to consult by contacting the nearest EMBASSY or CONSULATE of the countries to which you are traveling to, or through on your travels, to receive the most accurate & up to date mandated regulations with which you must comply. Some foreign nations post the regulations & requirements to enter their borders or your country requires administered for you to return home, on a Government internet website.
The Company accepts no responsibility whatsoever for clients arriving to a foreign country or departing to return home from a foreign country, with an invalid passport or incorrect travel permits, visitor visas, or medical requirement documentation, or documentation required if you are traveling with a child under the age of 18 years.
MEDICAL INOCULATIONS: Some countries within the South American continent are deemed by the World Health Organization zones whereby defined medical inoculations are mandatory for Yellow Fever, Dengue Fever & other specified humanly transmitted diseases. It is the sole responsibility of the client in all instances to have checked with their point of origin travel professional & in addition, the nearest Embassy or Consular representative of the countries where they are traveling to ensure they have the mandated medical inoculations prior to arriving & an International Medical Certificate as evidence verifying the fact.
The Company accepts no responsibility whatsoever for clients arriving to a foreign country or departing to return home from a foreign country, with invalid medical certification which may prevent them being allowed to enter that country, or countries.
VITALLY IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO BE READ, UNDERSTOOD & ADHERED TO FOR YOUR TRAVELS
The Company has no part whatsoever in the creation or implementation of laws pertaining to foreign sovereign nations, therefore all passengers who are visiting, holidaying within, or transiting through foreign nations have the sole responsibility themselves, to comply with & adhere to the laws that relate to every foreign nation on their itinerary.
IRRESPECTIVE OF NATIONALITY, OR THE COUNTRY OF THEIR PASSPORT ISSUE BEING USED FOR TRAVEL, IT IS THE SOLE & TOTAL RESPONSIBLE OF EACH & EVERY INDIVIDUAL PASSENGER, TO PERSONALLY CHECK & ENSURE ALL OF THEIR PERSONAL OFFICIAL TRAVEL DOCUMENTATION RELATING TO: PASSPORT VALIDITY & COMPLIANCE PROCUREMENT OF ANY & ALL VISAS OF ANY TYPE REQUIRED FOR THEIR JOURNEY ANY OTHER OFFICIALLY STIPULATED RELEVANT & REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO ENTER & DEPART COUNTRIES THEY ARE TRAVELING TO, OR FROM ALL REQUIRED OFFICIALLY ISSUED MEDICAL CERTIFICATES DETAILING STIPULATED INOCULATIONS & MEDICAL CONDITIONS
ALL OFFICIALLY REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION FOR TRAVEL WITH MINORS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS ACCOMPANYING THE PASSENGER(S) ARE COMPLETE, ACCURATE & IN COMPLIANCE. SHOULD ANY PASSENGERS OFFICIALLY REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION BE NON-COMPLIANT, RESULTING IN THE PASSENGER(S) BEING DENIED BOARDING BY ANY AIRLINE, DENIED ENTRY TO, DEPORTATION FROM, OR IMPRISONMENT WITHIN ANY COUNTRY THEY ARE TRAVELING TO, OR EN-ROUTE THROUGH, IT IS SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY & TOTAL ACCOUNTABILITY OF THE PASSENGER CONCERNED.
AUSTRALIAN & CANADIAN PASSORT HOLDERS & CITIZENS – please note very carefully:
Citizens of Australia & Canada as applies currently are required to pre-pay online, a reciprocity fee to enter Argentina. This MUST be done online in advance of arrival. Information may change therefore it is the responsibility of the traveller to review as applicable the website that can be sourced from the following internet site: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/
The Company accepts no responsibility whatsoever for citizens of Australia or Canada arriving to Argentina without having pre-paid their Argentina Reciprocity fee & bringing the supporting documentation & receipt which must be printed out, that the Argentine Immigration Department provides online as a result thereof of that pre-payment having been made.